Light, Lamps, Ballasts and Fixtures
Island Return It accepts all lighting products for recycling without charge, including all types of lights (bulbs and tubes), ballasts and lighting fixtures used in residential, commercial and industrial applications.
We are happy to offer this program at five of our locations (Campbell River, Duncan, Esquimalt, Sidney and South Cowichan ).
- Fluorescent tubes (straight, curved, U, circular, square etc.)
- UV and germicidal lamps.
- Incandescent and halogen bulbs.
- Compact fluorescent lights (CFLs).
- Light emitting diodes (LEDs).
- Ultra High Performance (UHP) lamps (replacement projector lamps).
- High-intensity discharge lamps (HIDs).
- The program accepts household quantities of lighting fixtures and products for recycling without charge at collection sites designated for consumers.
- Bike Lights
- Floor lamps
- Security lights
- Ceiling Fixtures
- Light Strings (e.g. xmas lights)
- Table and Desk Lamps
- Outdoor fixtures
- Wall fixtures
- Work lights
For a complete list of products accepted, including pictures, please click here.
These products can be recycled at :